Company: Yale NewHaven Health
Posted on: February 22, 2021
This is a per diem weekdays (M-F, no night, and no weekend)
Advanced Practice position in the Department of Occupational
Medicine and Wellness Services at Yale New Haven Pequot Health
Center in Groton, CT. The Advanced Practice Provider will function
as a provider in the clinic for the hospital employees as well as
other retail employees under the direction of the Occupational
Medicine Physician. To be part of our organization, every employee
should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our
Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity,
patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must
guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
- Responsibilities will include:
Works under the supervision of the physicians and Regional Medical
Director of Occupational Medicine and Wellness Services to perform
pre-placement and periodic surveillance examinations on
- Collects complete medical history performs thorough
pre-placement and periodic work related physical examinations, and
records results clearly in medical record.
- Orders, reviews and interprets results of ancillary testing
(blood tests, xray, PFT's, EKG's etc.).
- Consolidates all data and compares to physical demands of
position to make appointment placement decision.
- Involves supervisory physician as appropriate, following State
of Connecticut proactive regulations.
- Works under the supervision of the physicians and Regional
Medical Director of the department, to evaluate employees with work
related injuries, illnesses or exposures, and urgent care needs of
- Gathers complete history of injury, illness, or exposure and
performs appropriate physical examination on patients.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of diagnostic tests; orders and
performs interprets X-rays, blood tests, EKG's etc.
- Demonstrates appropriate and timely involvement of supervising
physician following State of Connecticut proactive
- Develops and implements appropriate immediate care and
follow-up, and in the case of Injured Workers, develops the
treatment plan including appropriate and timely use of physical
therapy and specialists.
- Documents information completely and accurately in progress
note, dictation and discharge reports.
- Performs routine procedures as needed; foreign body removal,
suturing, splinting, wound care, etc.
- Prescribes appropriate medication.
- Works collaboratively with co-workers and other health care
professionals to ensure a high standard of patient care and
efficient clinic operations:
- Develops and uses effective working relationships with patients
including, co-workers, employers, and specialist to allow for
appropriate coordination of patient care.
- Communicates clearly and appropriately, in writing and/or
verbally, the employees' treatment plan, work capabilities,
progress and prognosis to client company.
- Exercises customer service skills in meeting the needs of the
patients and families, and in the case of the injured worker, is
attuned to the needs of the employer and employee, promoting
patients and customer satisfaction.
- Prioritizes activities and adjusts workload to facilitate
overall clinic efficiency.
- Takes responsibility for responding to schedule requests
promptly; remains flexible in resolution of staffing
- Identifies problems or potential problems and accesses
appropriate resources to assist in resolution. Qualifications
EDUCATION Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant Program
- --One to three years of patient care experience in ambulatory,
emergency, orthopedics, or occupational medicine preferred.
- New graduates with a demonstrated interest in occupational
health will be considered.
- NRCME-certified to perform commercial driver examinations ( or
willing to obtain within 3 months) LICENSURE Active PA
Certification by the National Commission of Certification of
Physician Assistants (NCCPA), Connecticut State Physician Assistant
License, and DEA License Not ready to apply, but interested in
working at Yale New Haven Health?
Keywords: Yale NewHaven Health, Newton , Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare , Groton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!