Posted on: April 5, 2021
Job #: R-00047713
Location: Groton, CT
Category: Database Management
Schedule (FT/PT): Full Time
Travel Required: No
Potential for Telework: No
Referral Eligibility : Eligible
Group: Health Description Job Description: The Defense Health
Operation of Leidos is currently looking for a Full time
Programmer/Database Manager to support studies at the Naval
Submarine Medical Research Laboratory (NSMRL) in Groton, CT. NSMRL
conducts research and investigates the effects of medical,
psychological, and performance issues associated with the health
and performance of naval personnel in operational and
non-operational settings.-- Primary ResponsibilitiesThe ideal
- Support human subjects research data analyses by
creating/programming applications using .NET, Python, SAS, and/or
- Responsible for writing and maintaining source code, creating
and maintaining software applications and applying frameworks
involved in a software release.
- Duties include computer programming, documenting, managing
configuration, testing, and bug fixing involved in creating and
maintaining applications and frameworks involved in a software
release life-cycle and resulting in a software product.
- Development and implementation of applications for data
retrieval and entry.
- Perform database administration tasks including installation,
configuration, monitoring, maintenance, tuning, and backup/recovery
using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Perform database maintenance tasks such as dumps/uploads and
- Maintain compliance with applicable security protocols.
- Manage database logins/permissions and oversee database
- Ensure database and website availability.
- Consistently meet task deadlines while maintaining high quality
- Promote adherence to database policies within the program.
- Perform troubleshooting investigations of databases and
coordinate resolution of problems.
- Interact and effectively communicate both written and orally
with a wide variety of people.
- Adhere to security procedures to protect the database from
accidental or intentional damage or loss. Perform backup of
databases, as needed.
- Document database design and development.
- Design and distribute free standing as well as ad hoc
- Provide command support duties as directed.Basic Qualifications
- Candidates must be minimum of High School Graduate with 6+
years of experience and have completed CompTIA Certification
- The candidate will be required to acquire, at a minimum, a
SECRET classification access level. Preference will be given to a
candidate who already has this clearance level.
- Due to Federal contract requirements, US citizenship is
- Candidates must demonstrate expert working knowledge in
Microsoft Office applications.Preferred Qualifications
- Relevant experience in human/animal subject research within a
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- CompTIA Security+ certification.
- Demonstrated ability to speak well and concisely and confer
with professional colleagues on a peer basis.-- External Referral
Bonus:EligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level
Family:Database ManagementPay Range: About LeidosLeidos is a
Fortune 500 -- --information technology, engineering, and science
solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest
challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil,
and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital
missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in
Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately
$11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more
information, visit www.Leidos.com . Pay and BenefitsPay and
benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we
craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work
we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive
compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid
Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .Securing
Your DataLeidos will never ask you to provide payment-related
information at any part of the employment application process. And
Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent
from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting
to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any
other personal information, please report the email to
firstname.lastname@example.org .Commitment to DiversityAll qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship,
religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic
information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry,
domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis
prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with
relevant laws. Join our Talent Community to create a profile,
enabling a streamlined application process and to help our
recruiters better understand your areas of expertise and interest.
Contact us about product information and pricing, customer
feedback, stockholder services, or just to voice a concern.
Keywords: Leidos, Newton , Database Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Groton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!