Technical Services Manager
Posted on: April 10, 2021
We are still hiring during COVID-19. Click here for details. We
are still hiring during COVID-19.
While the world faces COVID-19, we want you to know we are still
Because we care about your safety, we will be looking to shift
in-person interviews to virtual interviews, we will be joining and
sponsoring virtual job fairs in the coming days and weeks. Our
recruiters and hiring managers have the tools they need to conduct
We are looking forward to meeting you, albeit virtually and safely.
We will all get through this together.
"Working together, we will emerge stronger than ever as a nation,"
John Vollmer, Amentum CEO Job Summary
Amentum is seeking an experienced Technical Services Manager to
support our maintenance team of highly skilled multi-craft
technicians at a major pharmaceutical facility in Groton, CT.--
This position is responsible for Building Systems and Maintenance
Operations for the Groton maintenance facility, including ensuring
the safety and well-being of its employees, safeguarding company
funds and property, and generally representing the company with
respect to the client.
This position directs a workforce of technicians and professionals
engaged in a variety of activities in the management of a pharma
facility and ensures established company goals are realized while
maintaining client relations that will enhance future business and
has total responsibility for managing all aspects of the contract.
The position will support the Facility Program Manager and a SME
for related client sites as needed.
Essential Functions Responsibilities
- Provide support to building operations and maintenance teams
with development of strategies that help create processes/programs
able to sustain low operating costs.
- Performs evaluations and trains teams to identify/eliminate
waste, reduce operating/ maintenance costs and reduce system
- Support maintenance of 24x7 operations of all critical building
support systems (HVAC/Mechanical/Plumbing/Electrical/Lab
- Develop/plan/implement and support programs for preventative
- Manage various aspects of the contract with the program
- Proactively identify potential project problems or
- Analyze issues using all appropriate resources to develop the
optimum approach to mitigating problems and/or exploiting
- Technical working knowledge of
- Understanding of equipment issues and designate appropriate
skilled trade to repair or diagnose to repair.
- Understanding of the critical nature of the client's work
environment including the particulars of a research facility.
- Technical understanding the value of compliance to safe
- Technical knowledge of industrial electrical/mechanical systems
with the ability to prioritize/assign/track/trend equipment
- Manage work order systems using Computerized Maintenance
Management Systems (CMMS).
Modify preventive maintenance work orders to improve equipment
- Provide maintenance planning and scheduling.
- Possess knowledge of reliability maintenance.
- Strong customer relations and client partnering mentality.
Daily communication with customer and contract Program
- Sense of urgency about customer response and addressing
- Experience with developing, managing, and presenting key
- Work with client management to ensure exemplary daily
- Good objective/logical thought process (critical
thinking/problem solving skills)
- Facilitate meetings with a variety of attendees.
- Strong ability to delegate and obtain accountability and
results from employees.
- Solid background in human resource issues including hiring and
counseling. Ensure resolution with conflicts in the workplace.
- Project continuous improvement set goals/objectives, and meet
the schedule, KPIs, and budget.
- Keep track of/mitigate potential compliance issues.
- Support Business Development/Business Unit management in
contract negotiations. Safety Consciousness
- Provide leadership to the operation ensuring an accident free
- Ensure conformance to comprehensive safety procedures in
- Ensure safety planning are aggressively monitored and THA
requirements are enforced.
- Actively participate in execution of the plans emphasizing the
plan in new hire orientation.
- Monitor comprehensive lock out /tag out procedures, hot work
procedures and other applicable safety policies.
- Maintain appropriate Job Hazard Analysis for all work and
develops JHAs as appropriate for new or altered work. Leadership
- Exhibit confidence and positive attitude about the project and
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills (i.e., conflict
resolution, team builder).
- Maximize full use of company's resources.
- Delegate effectively and raise the standard related to quality
and quantity of work performed each day.
- Anticipate operation needs and provide good direction, doesn't
need to be told what to do next to make things happen.
- Strictly adhere and effectively implement Company and Client
policy and programs. Employee Relations
- Hire, terminate, train, and ensure all work activities are
completed in a manner that exceeds the client's expectations.
- Effectively administer Performance Management system for
reports on an on-going basis, including goal setting and
- Develop and ensure current Individual Development Plans are in
place for all employees.
- Promote employee development and growth.
- Takes timely disciplinary action when needed.
- Use technology tools to improve technician knowledge and
- Create/maintain a succession plan.
- Provide mentoring to team members.
- Demonstrate consistent, effective, and efficient written and
oral communication skills (client, employees, suppliers,
subcontractors, management, etc.).
- Maintain consistent communication with management on key
issues, potential client issues, and approach to resolutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Facility Management, Maintenance
Management, Engineering, or a related discipline, or demonstrated
equivalent combination of education, training and experience in
process or production maintenance - OR - 8 years of experience
industrial facilities or production maintenance related work will
be considered demonstrated equivalent experience with no
- In addition to education/experience, 5 years of progressive
career experience in industrial, pharmaceutical, biomedical, or
research & development facility maintenance.
- Qualified applicants may need to pass a medical evaluation for
respirator use and be able to successfully complete a fit test for
several types of respirators.
- Working knowledge of purchasing.
- Staff management experience, including disciplinary action,
hiring, terminating, and performance appraisals.
- Ability to obtain a security access adge at our client's
- Must be willing to work overtime, holidays, various shifts,
weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- This position may require a valid Driver's License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States
work authorization. Physical Requirements
- Requires ability to read and understand information contained
in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to
operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive
messages and to prepare documents.
- Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site.
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the
telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and
- Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full
Microsoft product line.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout diverse
work environments as required by business demand.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movements.
- Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into
desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a
professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats
and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job
and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of
performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Certification or formal training from Facility Maintenance
Organizations such as IFMA, AFE or BOMA
- Experience working in a GMP or similar regulated
- Experience utilizing a CMMS (computerized maintenance
management system) and Microsoft Office programs such as Excel,
Outlook, Word, Power Point, and Visio.
- Consistent demonstration of the ability to proactively identify
potential problems or opportunities, analyze issues using all
appropriate resources, develop alternatives, and arrive at the
optimum approach to mitigate problems or leverage
- Predictive maintenance experience, life cycle studies, incident
reports, root cause analysis and/or additional data gathering
- Experience managing a budget.
- Experience in contract negotiation. Qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Amentum, Newton , Technical Services Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Groton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!