Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is opening a new outpatient cancer
facility in January 2021 in Chestnut Hill and is currently seeking
2 Certified Registered Central Service Technicians.
The new ambulatory center, located at 300 Boylston Street,
Chestnut Hill, will provide much needed space for adult patient
care to support our patient growth. Dana-Farber - Chestnut Hill
will offer Clinical and Research Laboratory Services, Clinical
Trials, Imaging, Infusion Services, Nutrition Support, Retail
Pharmacy, Social Work, and Transfusion Services. This will be a
multi-disciplinary, state-of-the-art facility designed to maintain
the same model of care that is currently given to our patients on
our Longwood Campus.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber
Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians,
innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the
common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases.
Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a
genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and
comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research
that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's
physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our
community; and we work with amazing partners, including other
Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals. #LI-CP1
Under the direct supervision of the Manager of Central Sterile
Supply, the Technician is responsible for ensuring that all
instruments and equipment are properly inventoried, decontaminated,
assembled, inspected, packaged, sterilized, stored, distributed and
tracked in a quality/timely manner throughout the institute. Under
direct/indirect supervision, follows approved infection control,
quality assurance and departmental policies and procedures to
perform a variety of duties related to the care and reprocessing of
Flexible Endoscopes and Accessories. This position is also
responsible for product ordering, receipt, storage, and delivery of
linens throughout the Institute.
* Collects, cleans and sorts soiled instruments received from
the clinical nursing floors
* Responsible for daily floor rounds:
* for instrument/equipment cleaning
* Inspects, assembles, wraps, and sterilizes clean instruments
according to policy and industry standards.
* Proficient in the care, handling and disinfection of all
endoscopes and accessories.
* Demonstrates knowledge of high-level disinfection and
sterilization of endoscopy equipment (maintains daily log, testing
efficacy of disinfecting solution with each cycle, performs
biological tests, test strips quality control checks, and completes
log, as per department policies and procedures).
* Adheres to manufacturers recommended cleaning procedures when
processing flexible endoscopes manually and/or using Automated
* Verifies proper functioning of equipment prior to procedure.
Clean, disinfect, or calibrate scopes or other endoscopic
instruments according to manufacturer's recommendations.
* Receives and processes incoming supplies and equipment for the
Endoscopy suite as needed.
* Notifies CSSD management of any missing instruments and
* Conducts "daily air removal test" and upon completion performs
biological monitoring and documentation of steam sterilizer
* Operates and maintains logs for prevaccuum sterilizer and
* Performs all tasks related to CSSD automated product ordering
system e.g. stock replenishment, order requisition, product order
confirmation, update product pricing, etc.
* Checks supplies and equipment on adult and pediatric code
carts against master list and replaces those items which may be
* Assists with orientation and training of new employees.
* Checks supplies and equipment on adult and pediatric
intubation boxes against master list and replaces those items which
may be missing
* Delivery of laundry / linens (to include but not limited to,
Johnnies, Pajamas', Sheets, Scrubs, Linens, Towels, Blankets, etc.)
throughout the Institute as required.
* Lab Coats, Hospital Scrubs, manning delivery window at set
scheduled Institute hours.
* Perform other related duties as assigned or directed.
* High School graduate or equivalent required.
* Must be a Certified Registered Central Service Technician
(CRCST) with annual renewal.
* 3+ years previous related experience preferred, demonstrating
familiarity with surgical instrumentation, decontamination and
sterilization techniques. Such experience may have been obtained by
performing related duties in Central Sterile Services or Surgical
* Ability to lift up to twenty-five pounds, and move heavy linen
carts as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* Ability to read and write, including the use of charts,
reports and manuals.
* Good verbal and written communication skills (in English)
being concise by phone and in person.
* Good interpersonal skills. Ability to establish and maintain
effective working relationships and the ability to receive and give
back constructive feedback.
* Organizational and numerical ability to receive, count and
* Ability to operate a personal computer to access and input
information to prepare and maintain records.
* Ability to operate automatic washers and sterilization
equipment according to equipment operating instructions.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Effective problem solving skills to include data analysis and
judgment to make effective decisions.
* Able to work standing. Must be able to bend, twist, push, pull
and lift up to twenty-five pounds without special equipment or
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer
and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin,
sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry,
military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as
protected by law. #LI-CP1