Systems Implementation - Business Lead
Posted on: February 25, 2021
ROLE SUMMARYThe Global Clinical Supply organization's vision
provides quality, life-changing, investigational medicines to
patients. The Systems Implementation - Business Lead (Director)
plays a key role in driving our digital strategy to innovate and
continually optimize our physical and digital supply chains.The
role will manage the evolution of our end to end clinical supply
solution. This is accomplished by leading a matrix team in the
selection and implementation of major systems implementation and
ensure strong connectivity to dependent technologies e.g. IRT. This
role will work with other business leads and Digital to deliver a
seamless integration across our foundational systems.Through
leading a matrix team this role would be responsible to conduct the
due diligence with assessing the current system capabilities and
identify possible solutions for replacement/enhancement. Once a
solution is identified the business lead would lead the
implementation of the new solution within scope, budget and
- Gain an understanding of both the physical and digital supply
chain from API, Drug Product manufacturing, Pack, Label,
Distribution and to the patient.
- Manage risks and identify mitigations.
- Function as a strong matrix leader between Digital and the
Business to ensure requirements are understood. Understands BT's
controlled software development process for a regulated
- Support the CPA generation process and negotiate scope, budget
and schedule to meet the business needs while maintaining the
overall capital project budget.
- Manage a large, matrixed team of business SMEs and Work Stream
Leads to ensure that the design, development, and configuration of
the system meets business needs, addresses compliance
vulnerabilities and provides a global solution.
- Ensure compliance with the Software Development Life Cycle
(SDLC) guidelines and development of the related deliverables.
- Negotiate site differences that must be harmonized to implement
and maintain a global distribution system design.
- Ensure active Governance sponsorship, communicate project
progress to Governance, seeking their endorsement when
- Provide strategic business leadership for the development,
change control and utilization of the new distribution system.
- Implement business readiness practices to ensure that the new
user community is brought through the change curve, reducing
resistance to the new system adoption.
- Understand the full supply chain business process and
information hand-offs between lines and relevant systems.
- Manage production change requests from the business to meet
evolving needs while maintaining the system in a controlled
- B.S. degree (or equivalent) is required, with 14+ years
managing scientific or clinical projects in a relevant
- Advanced experience in supply chain management, scientific or
clinical disciplines, and/or software development lifecycle
- Strong project management and budgetary knowledge.
- People management experience, especially with matrixed
- Global team management experience.
- Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership
experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence
and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and
guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes
and create business impact.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSCore
- Lead a matrix team
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Ability to negotiation and communicate with all levels within
- Seizes accountability and acts decisively
- Analytical capability to solve problems
- Strong communication skillsOther Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: February 19, 2021
- Eligible for Relocation Package: YES
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES#LI-PFE Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care
providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and
implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer
to provide government agencies with information such as a health
care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other
value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further
legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which
Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for
licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value
under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine
Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs
recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we
pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments
made currently will be reported to the government. If you have
questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact
your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment
Eligibility Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms
and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin,
disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all
applicable national, state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Logistics & Supply Chain Mgmt#LI-PFE Full time 4804248 About Us
Pfizer careers are like no other. In our culture of individual
ownership, we believe in our ability to improve future healthcare,
and potential to transform millions of lives. We're looking for new
talent to join our global community, to unearth new innovative
therapies that make the world a healthier place.
Keywords: Pfizer, Newton , Systems Implementation - Business Lead, Other , Groton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!