Commission Sales Associate - Furniture and Bedding, Chestnut Hill - Full Time
Company: Macy's, Inc.
Posted on: June 4, 2021
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. For more than 160
years, Macy's has served generations at every stage of their lives.
Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Now is an
exciting time to join Macy's, Inc. The face of retail is changing,
and change requires innovation.
Macy's Tech provides modern tools, platforms, and services to
all parts of the business. Our team supports millions of customers
in connected commerce across the technology hub at Macy's Join our
team to help shape the future of e-commerce and set the pace in
retail technology. Whether focused on store technology, supply
chain tech, application security, merchandising systems, or the
mobile app - you'll have opportunities to grow your career while
finding meaningful ways to make a difference.
At Macy's, we're moving fast-we're at top speed to become
America's premiere retailer. Macy's Technology strives to set the
pace by providing seamless and compelling shopping experiences for
our Macy's and Bloomingdale's customers. Macy's Technology is
creating innovative technology solutions to support these
experiences and define the future of retailing.
The Software Engineering Manager at Macy's Technology reports to
the Director, Engineering and will play a key role in leading the
team's technical direction and integration with enterprise
solutions. The Software Engineering Manager will form effective
partnerships across Macy's Technology.
The Manager collaborates with various levels of stakeholders
(Sr. Leadership, each department's management, project teams,
Infrastructure and Field Services leaders, and enterprise
architects) on architecture, requirements, and implementation of
technical solutions; Possess a combination of systems and
technology experience along with strong thought leadership make the
right and balanced technical decisions that deliver key enabling
features to support the business.
Software Engineering Manager will evangelize use of modern
software development practices, with emphasis on automation and
Reliability Engineering. Build and lead high performing software
engineering teams to deliver and support omni channel applications
and services at speed and scale; Drive innovation in both
technology and process; Inspires the teams to achieve outstanding
results in a fast-paced environment.
- Hire, coach, and mentor individuals; build a strong
- Architect and build scalable software solutions.
- Build and manage software delivery, systems integration, and
developer support tools.
- Work with other technical teams to ensure technical strategies,
architecture guidelines and standard are realized by efficient
collaboration with architecture, development, DevOps and other
- Plan and lead technology evaluation for various critical areas
working closely with cross functional teams.
- Manage geographically distributed engineering scrum-teams using
agile development and DevOps best practices.
- Bring innovative ideas to the table every day, in order to find
better ways of accomplishing our customer objectives. Set clear,
measurable quality goals for an organization in a data-driven
- Foster culture of continuous engineering improvement through
mentoring, feedback, and metrics.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
- Master's Degree in related field preferred
- 8+ years of direct expereince
- Must also have broad and deep technical understanding of the
technologies in this field, including but not limited to
- Java and related technologies and frameworks including Spring
- Front End technologies like ReactJS / Angular.
- Modern System Architecture Patterns.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code - Terraform etc.
- Experience working with cloud service providers (preferably
- Experience working with modern SQL / noSQL Databases.
Strong data management principles, around data architecture,
modeling/design, data quality, security, data organization and
- Preferred - Experience implementing a 3rd party packaged
software solution - E.g. MDM, ERP, WMS etc.
- Ability to effectively share technical information, communicate
technical issues and solutions to all levels of business
- Able to juggle multiple projects - can identify primary and
secondary objectives, prioritize time and communicate timeline to
- Ability and desire to take product/project ownership
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy's Inc.
reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.
Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a
diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in
San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company's
obligations under SFPC Art. 49 here. Candidates for positions in
Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company's
obligations under LA MC Ch. XVIII Art. 9 here. Candidates for
positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the
Company's obligations under PC Ch. 9-3500 here.
Keywords: Macy's, Inc., Newton , Commission Sales Associate - Furniture and Bedding, Chestnut Hill - Full Time, Other , Newton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!