Internship-Special Education (2021-2022)
Company: Newton Public Schools
Posted on: June 4, 2021
Department: School Based Job Title: NPS Elementary Co-Taught
Intern FLSA Status:
(Exempt/Non-exempt) Exempt Reports to: School Principal/Teacher
In compliance with state and federal laws, newton public schools is
committed to equity, anti-racism and a nondiscrimination policy for
students, employees and prospective applicants. All educational and
employment determinations are based on an individual's
qualifications and achievements without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, gender identity,
genetic information, national origin, ancestry, homelessness,
physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis
prohibited by state and/or federal statute.
- Provides classroom support in a learning environment.
Participate in the life of the classroom and the school community
as a support to the co-teachers as well as provide small group or
whole group instruction. Interns may be required to maintain a
weekly log of instructional time.
- Is currently enrolled in a Master's Program at a
college/university leading to educational licensure and/or
additional credentialing in Special Education. General Education or
dual licensure programs also considered.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities (Not Limited To):
- Is under the general direction of a certified special education
teacher or principal, providing classroom preparation and small
group/whole group instruction
- Is involved with understanding and delivery of student
individualized education programs
- Will perform classroom behavioral management assistance
- Is assigned to provide non-teaching duties (i.e.: lunch duty,
bus duty, study hall, recess)
- May assist with routine educational clerical duties
- May attend parent conferences and faculty meetings
- Is an active participant in the school community
- Consistent, reliable and punctual attendance is essential for
supervision and instruction of the students
- Responsible for implementing "other job related duties" as
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
- Work is performed in the school environment.
- Ability to operate computer, printer, telephone, copier,
facsimile machine, and all other standard office equipment.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Sufficient mobility to navigate within a large school
- Regularly required to lift and/or move objects weighing up to
Keywords: Newton Public Schools, Newton , Internship-Special Education (2021-2022), Other , Newton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!