Technical Associate, NHP
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The primary responsibility is to provide basic husbandry,
handling, restraint and health surveillance of laboratory animals
in compliance with local regulatory requirements. This individual
will also provide daily record keeping of common laboratory
species, their environment and be responsible for the cleaning and
upkeep of assigned areas
- Perform routine animal husbandry and welfare duties as directed
and supply appropriate food and water for animals housed in the
- With appropriate training and oversight, support research by
providing basic technical services (restraint, dose administration,
blood collection) to research investigators.
- Observe and report status of animal health, food and water
consumption, appearance, behavior; provide support in animal health
monitoring and basic veterinary medical treatment as prescribed by
the veterinary staff.
- Clean and provide animal housing and associated
materials/equipment within assigned animal rooms.
- Perform cleaning and sanitation duties within assigned animal
rooms, vivarium areas and facility support areas.
- Observe and record vivarium environmental conditions.
- Required to work with all species across the site with
assignments based on the business needs.
- Adhere to Pfizer and departmental safety policies and
departmental SOPs and guidelines while demonstrating competency in
facility safety protocols.
- Establish and maintain appropriate and quality communication,
teamwork, collaboration, and cooperation.
- High School degree or GED required
- Experience working with nonhuman primate required.
- Experience working in an animal setting required.
- In general, a colleague at this level will have 1 year of
- Basic computer knowledge such as email, online forms, web-based
training and other basic programs.
- Associates or BS/BA in related field.
- AALAS certification at the ALAT level.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and work standing up lifting
items above shoulder level for extended periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive physical activities such as:
pushing and pulling racks of caging, lifting bags of feed and
bedding, reaching, stooping and bending.
- A Functional Capacity Evaluation may be required.
- Ability to demonstrate level of technical skills and
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT
- Weekend and holiday work are required for the job.
- Long term altered week schedule.
- This is an essential personnel role and in most cases essential
personnel are required to be onsite during an emergency or
suspension of operations.
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical setting preferred.
Other Job Details:
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health
care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws
and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require
Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a
health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or
other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to
further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification,
which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting
expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable
transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known
as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who
incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer
that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of
payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you
have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to
contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and
conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin,
disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all
applicable national, state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development
Keywords: Pfizer, Newton , Technical Associate, NHP, Other , Groton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!