Company: Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is opening a new outpatient cancer
facility in January 2021 in Chestnut Hill and is seeking a Sales
Associate to support our Cancer Care Shop.
The Sales Associate provides service to the customer and gives
the customer their immediate and complete attention by explaining,
demonstrating and selling merchandise. When not engaged with a
customer, the Retail Sales Associate will maintain the sales floor
including facing, dusting and general housekeeping.
The new facility is located at 300 Boylston Street, Chestnut
Hill, will provide much needed space for adult patient care to
support our patient growth. Dana-Farber - Chestnut Hill will offer
Clinical and Research Laboratory Services, Clinical Trials,
Imaging, Infusion Services, Nutrition Support, Retail Pharmacy,
Social Work, and Transfusion Services. This will be a
multi-disciplinary, state-of-the-art facility designed to maintain
the same model of care that is currently given to our patients on
our Longwood Campus.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber
Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians,
innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the
common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases.
Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a
genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and
comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research
that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's
physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our
community; and we work with amazing partners, including other
Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
- Processes financial transactions using a Point of Sale terminal
(POS), including handling cash and making change
- Maintains high customer service standards set by DFCI. Greets
and acknowledges customers within an acceptable period-of-time,
ensuring that the customer is welcomed as s/he enters the
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of all product features
and available services. Sales Associate develops reputation for
exceeding customer service expectations, which contributes to sales
- Maximizes potential sales. Demonstrates professional selling
skills. Suggests related items with every purchase.
- Opens and closes the store, as directed manager assigned
stocking and inventory tasks.
- Takes inventory counts as needed and enters in stock control
system. Restocks floor displays.
- Assists with execution of visual merchandise plans. Cleans and
freshens displays as necessary.
- Assists with receiving and price marking of shipments. Assures
store is attractive and appealing to customers.
- Ensures all customer problems are resolved quickly and to the
satisfaction of the customer.
- Completes required financial paperwork and may assist with
financial reporting including daily sales, close-outs and bank
- Recognize potential theft/loss situations assisting to deter
- Maintains the sales floor by restocking shelves, checking in
vendors, updating pricing information and completing inventory
management tasks as directed by store manager.
- May assist with weekly replacement orders.
- Executes strategies to drive sales and customer loyalty
through: effective sales and service leader behaviors.
- Ensures safe and clean environment adheres to all hospital and
departmental infection control procedures
- Minimum of a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent. Previous
retail sales experience desirable.
- Ability to understand nature of customers request and how best
to respond to their needs.
- Ability to understand situations where a management decision is
- Requires an extremely strong service orientation to maximize
- Must be able to work a 40+ hour flexible week to include some
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer
and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin,
sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry,
military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as
protected by law.
Keywords: Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Newton , Retail Associate, Other , Newton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!