Department Coordinator-Ambulartory Cardio Vascular Center
Company: Partners Healthcare System
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Position provides support to the Cardiology department by
performing administrative functions.
Functions as an example to practice staff of efficient and
effective practice support.
Demonstrates and provides exemplary customer service that is
friendly, helpful and reduces anxiety to all patients, peers,
physicians, and NWH departments.
Effectively uses various computer systems and is able to learn
new programs as appropriate.
Answers multiple telephone lines; takes calls, screens and
relays messages and/or provides information to caller.
Works within the electronic medical record for scheduling
patients and communicating with others within practice. Processes
requests for information/medical records according to
Updates existing patient information with strict attention to
detail and maintains patient privacy.
Schedules appointments within the department. General practice
tasks as assigned by Practice Specialist and Practice Manager.
- Greets, directs and/or assists patients. Assesses and
prioritizes patient needs. Assists patients with forms if
- Opens, sorts, distributes, prioritizes and/or files incoming
documents, mail and other correspondence.
- Maintains and stocks inventory of supplies and makes
recommendations regarding needs.
- Answers multi line telephone system promptly and courteously.
Gathers screening information; takes, relays and manages messages
and/or provides routine information. Retrieves voicemail messages,
returning calls or forwarding messages as needed. Assists in
creating and implementing protocols for distributing messages
- Maintains a strong command of hospital registration/scheduling
system. This includes registering new patients, updating patient
information, scheduling and rescheduling appointments as necessary.
Multitasks when needed to include checking patients in or out,
collecting co-pays, verifying insurance, and addressing concerns as
- May serve as a Schedule Template Builder. Knowledgeable in
basic insurance matters to troubleshoot patient or staff
- Organizes and maintains patient records, logs and other
controlling systems; retrieves files as needed. Develops and
maintains systems to assure accurate, confidential, retrievable
information. Processes requests in a manner consistent with all
regulatory and compliance agencies internal and external to the
- Prepares and assists with all documentation necessary for
completion of chart, insurance authorization, and third party
- Manages referrals as instructed by providers; completes prior
authorization and scheduling of specialty testing and appointments
using appropriate systems.
- Confirms upcoming patient appointments, verifies pertinent
information directly impacting upcoming appointments. Manages
Automated Call Reminder system to ensure accuracy and consistency
with scheduling system.
- Performs all duties related to the Revenue Enhancement
activities of the practice, including but not limited to co-pay
collection, registration verification, encounter reconciliation,
closing of the cash drawer, etc.
- Works collegially with others within the practice; and hospital
departments to support patient flow and operations.
- Assists in training, orientation and on-boarding new and
existing staff into the practice.
- Functions as a resource to team members and leadership in
troubleshooting patient inquiries or concerns, in all revenue
enhancement (insurance accuracy, billing and charge capture) or
expense reduction activities, and in general practice
- Must occasionally travel to offisite locations in Needham,
Wellesley and Chestnut Hill.
High school graduate or equivalent, Associate's Degree
Minimum two-years medical office experience
Ability to type 25 words per minute
Proficiency in word processing, data entry, and general PC based
Knowledge of medical terminology required
Proficiency in communication - verbal and in written
- Demonstrated evidence of:
effective communication skills
ability to problem solve
ability to get along with others
ability to confront issues appropriately
- ability to handle confidential and potentially sensitive
Keywords: Partners Healthcare System, Newton , Department Coordinator-Ambulartory Cardio Vascular Center, Other , Newton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!