Nursing Administrator - Per Diem
Company: Partners Healthcare System
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Nurse Administrator - Per Diem
The Nursing Administrator is a professional nurse responsible
for providing administrative direction and leadership to nursing
staff. S/he is directly responsible to the Lead Nursing
Administrator and the Associate Chief Nurse.
The role requires clinical management expertise and the ability
to coordinate inter and intra departmental activities.
Patient Care Organization
- Assists with directing the operations of the Nursing Department
on the off-shift and weekends
- Collaborates with the off-shift nursing resources to ensure
quality patient care.
- Collaborates with other departments to ensure resource
availability for patient care needs on the off-shift, i.e. triaging
Administrator On-Call, BioMed, Occupational Health.
- Facilitates DaSH as Nurse Administrator/Patient Flow Bed
Manager during weekend days
- Initiates Clinical Huddles with Charge RNs related to patient
flow, acuity, and placement during off shifts and weekends when Bed
Flow Manager not present.
- Mentors RN/PCA staff in assigned roles during off shifts and
weekends. Providing positive/negative feedback to Nurse Directors
Quality of Care
- Serves as consultant and resource to staff and professional
colleagues regarding administrative issues.
- Participates in professional, institutional and community
- Works collaboratively with other departments to monitor overall
quality standards of the off-shift and weekends.
- Applies theoretical and experiential knowledge of nursing to
plan for the needs of patients in collaboration with Nursing
Practice and Professional Development.
- Implements, reviews and revises patient care policies and
nursing standards to ensure compliance of the nursing staff.
- Directs operations by providing guidance to the nursing,
medical, and support staff on the off-shift.
- Provides leadership oversight to Charge Nurses with staffing
needs and resources taking into consideration patient acuity, unit
activity and nursing staff competency.
- Establishes and maintains effective professional relationships
with interdepartmental personnel, professional staff, and the
- Serves on Nursing Committees and Task Forces, Institution wide
- Provides feedback to Lead Administrator regarding the overall
functioning of specific unit(s) and possible quality and safety
- Facilitates allocation of resources in collaboration with
Charge Nurses in all areas.
- Communicates and collaborates with all team members regarding
Nursing initiatives unit based((Share Governance)
- Volunteer to Participate in Process Improvement Projects with
the Office of Tomorrows and Quality and Safety.
Facilitation of Patient Flow with Patient Flow Manager
- Collaborates with all patient care areas and physician (change
to provider) staff to ensure the right patient in the right
location at all times.
- Monitors bed occupancy demands within the hospital throughout
the shift and collaborates with all disciplines to facilitate
- Coordinates and communicates with all team members and
- Maintains flexibility with time management based on unforeseen
and unpredictable patient flow barriers.
- Collaborates with Patient Flow Manager(s)/Charge Nurses/bed
Control to facilitate patient admissions and transfers.
- Human Resources management as needed with collaboration with
Nurse Director or manager/supervisor
- Contributes to and encourages educational and professional
development of staff nurses by assisting them to identify and meet
their learning needs.
- Assists in coordination of educational programs specific to
unit/departmental needs (i.e. CPR/ACLS/PALS).
- Attendance and participation with institutional educational
- Attendance at Leadership Institute and Nursing Leadership
- Demonstrates awareness of contemporary nursing research and
works with nursing staff to develop skill in the interpretation,
application and utilization of research findings to the clinical
- Initiates and participates in nursing studies in the
- Graduate of an approved School of Nursing
- BSN required
- Masters' Degree in Nursing or related field strongly
- Five years of recent clinical nursing experience required
- Management/Supervisory experience preferred
Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations
- Current licensure in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Current certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Current certification in BLS/ACLS/PALS
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with
patients and families, nursing staff, and other disciplines
- Must have sound knowledge of human resources management,
emergency management, information management, and technology
- Must have demonstrated ability in management of diverse
activities associated with or pertaining to the Nursing
- Must possess solid clinical expertise to provide direction,
information, and explanation to all levels of hospital management
- Must possess communication skills adequate to provide necessary
direction, information, and explanation to all levels of hospital
management and staff
The Nursing Administrator works in a variety of patient care
environments where there may be exposure to communicable diseases
and hazardous materials. Other duties may include general cleaning
with exposure to dirt, odors and cramped quarters, etc.
Keywords: Partners Healthcare System, Newton , Nursing Administrator - Per Diem, Other , Newton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!