Application Database Administrator (MongoDB)
Posted on: June 8, 2021
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work
smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for
getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 11
years in a row! Our platform is the only one on the market that
allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving
everyone - at any skill level - the ability to make real
discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes.
We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries
with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are
interesting, please read on - we may be looking for you!
Application Database Administrator (MongoDB)
You'll be responsible to help support reliability and
scalability of production mission-critical customer-facing cloud
services distributed across multiple regions. As the Mongo Subject
Matter expect you will be responsible for tactically executing on
projects such as developing/optimizing schema, queries, or ETL
pipelines. You'll frequently collaborate with our software
engineers to define schema enhancements and create a consistent
structure by which they store and access data - holding them
accountable to using industry best practices.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Work closely with the development teams to understand what
modifications are coming in a build/patch, and conduct an impact
analysis, fine-tuning queries where required.
- Collaborate with development teams to create and document
- Collaborate with other development teams to create optimized
queries, indexes, and data structure.
- Monitor and support database environments and serve as an
escalation point for complex troubleshooting and interactive
- Use database vendor provided tools as well as 3rd party
applications to performance. tune various database system, specific
queries and, applications scenarios as presented by the service
- Diagnose and address database performance issues using
performance monitors and various tuning techniques.
- Identify areas of opportunity and recommend appropriate
- Work with our SRE organization to configure and deploy
High-Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions for critical
applications to meet SLAs.
Competencies and skills:
The skills and qualifications required for this role:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in database maintenance,
design, SQL coding/tuning, NoSQL document database
- Hands-on Experience using MongoDB Atlas in any production cloud
- Experience utilizing Redis as a caching layer would be
considered an asset.
- Experience with structured methodologies and participation in
design and development of large-scale applications in a distributed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and command
of the English language.
Experience & Qualifications
Desired experience with successful track record in one or more
of the following areas:
- Strong sense of responsibility and the ability to take
initiatives and getting things done.
- Strong analytical skills and you find unconventional solutions
- Open mind to innovation and new solutions.
- Highly motivated team player, reliable and dependable,
dedicated not only to the craft and science of software development
but also to the success of the company.
- Goal-oriented multi-tasker who approach problems with
intellectual rigor and zest for software delivery
This role is located in United States.
- Qlik Company Page - Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik: Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast,
Teamwork for Results, Be Open and Straightforward
- Competitive Benefits package
- Flexible working environment
- Giving back is a part of our culture - we give you a day to
change the world. In addition, we encourage our employees to
participate in our Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs
- Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting
- Check out our careers in R&D here.
- Check out our company page on Linkedin!
- Follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik and on Twitter @Qlik
- Check us out on Youtube!
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value the diversity
of our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected
category or characteristic. If you need assistance due to a
disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please
contact us via theAccessibility Request Form
AGENCIES: Qlikis not accepting unsolicited assistance from
search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone
calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any
employee atQlikvia-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method
without a valid written search agreement in place for this position
will be deemed the sole property ofQlik. No fee will be paid in the
event the candidate is hired byQlikas a result ofthe referral or
through other means.
Keywords: Qlik, Newton , Application Database Administrator (MongoDB), Other , Newton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!