IACUC Administrator Associate
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change
patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of
fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced
science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that
matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring
drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will
apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to
accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around
What You Will Achieve
As part of the Comparative Medicine team, you will partner with
the Site Head and Regulatory group in all aspects of IACUC
administration and animal research compliance. The IACUC
Administrator is expected to participate in all IACUC activities.
This position requires project management activity, attention to
detail, meeting deadlines, and the ability to interact
professionally with various Pfizer colleagues. It is your hard work
along with innovative ideas and focus that will help in making
Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the
How You Will Achieve It
Management of the IACUC review process:
- Provide backup management and oversight of the animal use
protocol review process using a web-based protocol tracking system
for submission, IACUC review, and investigator communications.
- This may include tracking of regulatory metrics, prepares
reports/schedules, and communicates with others about the protocol
- Conduct initial administrative and technical screen of all
protocols and use the professional knowledge and judgment to assess
completeness and makes determination whether the protocol is
compliant with institutional, local, state, and federal
- Serve as the secondary contact for principal investigators for
questions related to the protocol review process, system and/or
- Provide system training to all users (investigators, IACUC
members, vets, etc.) of the protocol management system.
- Develop and manage SOPs/guidelines and propose changes to
current practices and policies as appropriate.
- Assist investigators in preparation of AUPs and/or responses to
requests for revisions made by the IACUC, including advising
investigators on the IACUC's expectations.
Oversight of all administrative responsibilities and activities
of the IACUC:
- Assist the IACUC Chair in the smooth and efficient operation of
the site IACUC and related subcommittees, including scheduling of
routine meetings, set agendas for meetings, etc.
- Draft meeting minutes in a timely manner and forward them to
key stakeholders before release.
- Manage and participate in the semi-annual inspections and
program reviews, including follow up on any noted deficiencies and
preparation of draft reports to the institutional official and
- Assist Site Head and Regulatory Compliance Lead in USDA, FDA,
Corporate Audits and AAALAC inspections/site visits as
- Serve as a resource to investigators, colleagues, IACUC members
and staff on AUP/regulatory inquiries for the use of animals in
- Manage all confidential agreements/documentation related to
- Adhere to Pfizer and departmental safety policies and
departmental SOPs and guidelines.
- Coordinate and assist with training programs to promote
awareness of developments in the regulatory environment.
- Assist in the investigations of animal welfare concerns as
- Provide support to the post-approval monitoring program;
including scheduling, coordinating, participating in, documenting,
and ensuring follow up on all PAM activities.
- May be required to work under one of the following: The United
States Department of Agriculture Animal Welfare Act and associated
Regulations and Standards, the Guide for the Care and Use of
Laboratory Animals, Good Laboratory Practices, Public Health
Service Policy and/or AAALAC accreditation standards.
- BS/BA degree required.
- 3-4 years related experience, including experience in the use
of animals in research, teaching, and testing.
- Must possess excellent organizational, interpersonal and
communications skills as well as sensitivity to handling
- Must be detailed oriented, flexible and possess the ability to
work under pressure.
- Must be a quick learner able to set priorities by handling
multiple tasks simultaneously.
- CPIA certification preferred.
- Clear understanding of the regulatory guidance (e.g., USDA,
AAALAC, etc.) that may impact administrative functions.
- Completes recurring assignments independently and selects the
most appropriate method or approached to do so within prescribed
limits of authority.
- Refers only to new or unusual problems to supervisor and work
is only reviewed periodically for soundness.
- Uses diplomacy to resolve problems.
Other Job Details:
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health
care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws
and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require
Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a
health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or
other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to
further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification,
which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting
expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable
transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known
as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who
incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer
that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of
payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you
have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to
contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and
conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin,
disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all
applicable national, state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development
Keywords: Pfizer, Newton , IACUC Administrator Associate, Other , Groton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!