Engineering Program Manager
Company: Plug Power Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Status: Exempt (salaried)
Department: Mechanical Engineering
The Engineering Program Manager develops and maintains program
schedules to ensure activities are
carried out in accordance with established specifications,
schedules, and budgets. This position plays a key role in managing
expectations and priorities to both internal and external
customers. The successful candidate will coordinate with multiple
cross-functional departments in order to efficiently allocate
resources, manage risks, develop attainable schedules, and clarify
requirements as needed.
Due to the highly technical nature of our business, this
position requires a strong background in engineering to better
assess risks, mitigations, and communication across the project
team. The ideal candidate should be creative, self-motivated, able
to handle multiple projects, and able to thrive in a fast-paced
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain complex schedules for multiple engineering
activities. Identify critical path activities, key deliverables,
key risks and mitigations, relationships and constraints for
projects to allow schedule and resource predictability.
- Translate customer needs into engineering requirements as
appropriate with the engineering, manufacturing, and marketing
- Coordinate with engineering and manufacturing management to set
priorities and allocate resources to efficiently meet delivery
- Drive program team meetings to review status, identify issues,
and plan future actions.
- Interface with internal and external customers to ensure they
are informed and updated of program statuses, delays, and
- Coordinate the efforts of the Engineering, Sales and Production
departments to ensure programs are conducted in accordance with the
requirements of sales orders and budgets.
- Update senior management on program status and issues on a
- Independently anticipates potential schedule delays and
initiate plans for alternative actions as needed; able to rearrange
competing priorities to ensure all deadlines are met
- Ability to travel as needed to carry out duties of the position
- up to 20
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field of
- Minimum of three (3) years program management experience in an
engineering field. PMP preferred but not required.
- Experience in a customer facing environment is required.
- Experience with ERP systems desired
- Dynamic interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively
communicate with diverse audiences and stakeholders.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Project,
Excel, and Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Demonstrated analytical abilities with strong attention to
- Teamwork oriented and focused. Must be driven and
self-motivated with excellent follow through.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task
Plug Power, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment
and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or
Keywords: Plug Power Inc., Newton , Engineering Program Manager, Other , Newton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!