Manager, Global Clinical Supply Project Manager
Posted on: June 9, 2021
As a Global Clinical Supply Project Manager (GCS-PM), you will
support the end-to-end oversight of clinical supply chain activity.
Your knowledge of project management and execution in a highly
matrixed team environment will be critical for the progression of
clinical supply activities and initiatives to advance Pfizer's
robust and diverse clinical pipeline.
Reporting to Global Clinical Supply Executive Director, the
Global Clinical Supply Project Management (GCS-PM) provides
comprehensive project management for GCS teams to ensure alignment
and execution of initiatives/projects in support of business
lines/functions, standing committees and strategic and operational
The GCS-PM oversees GCS strategic and operational initiatives
from development through successful execution under guidance of the
GCS-LT and/or GCS Functional Line Heads. Responsibilities encompass
facilitating strategic and scenario planning, establishing project
charters, deliverables and execution plans, team effectiveness,
resource management, risk management, and information/communication
The GCS-PM attends GCS Tetrad meetings to establish continuity
across GCS Tetrads; including establishing meeting agendas,
ensuring minutes, action items and decisions are documented in the
CST share point sites and/or shared across tetrads.
The GCS-PM needs to have comprehensive understanding of the GCS
governance process, strategic and tactical planning, and the
foundational tools that support planning, communication, and
continuous improvements in the areas of operational delivery. They
will facilitate the development of agendas, minutes, risk/decision
logs and Microsoft project plans for team and high-level management
This is a highly collaborative role may have significant
exposure across the pharmaceutical and clinical development
spectrums. A successful GCS-PM will utilize their skills in
leadership, influence, negotiation, strategic planning, and project
management to thrive in a matrixed environment, with the goal of
delivering the highest GCS projects that are patient-focused,
risk-adjusted and cost effective for the overall advancement
Pfizer's first-in-class clinical pipeline.
- Work independently to facilitate execution and implementation
of GCS strategic initiatives, including progress updates,
communication, planning and forecasting.
- Facilitate GCS Tetrad meetings to ensure continuity of
information; includes agendas, minutes, action items, decision
documentation and ensures information is shared across GCS Tetrads
- Drives decision point planning and the associated deliverables
across all functions of the team and contributes to the strategic
planning process for the project.
- Recommends, and implements new processes, approaches, or tools
to manage the program or team. Works across GCS-PMs to identify new
tools and develops and implements data visualizations.
- Provides timeline and budget updates for prioritization process
and strategic review and approval.
- Drives creation/maintenance of project-level integrated
development plans in partnership with the identified GCS Strategic
Initiatives Project Team Leader or Tetrads, recognizing and driving
delivery of key interdependencies across functional lines.
- Facilitates development of the project critical path, decision
criteria, and milestones/stage gates while ensuring all lines
understand project strategy, key milestones and
- Facilitates the oversight of the project plan (schedule) in
collaboration with the Project Leader and proactively identifies
and manages opportunities to optimize delivery of the project
- Partners with the Project Leader to ensure that project
schedule, resource management, and project controls are established
- Facilitates scenario planning, including the development and
assessment of options.
Project Execution and Delivery
- Provides cross-functional operational leadership to the
- Facilitates the development and coordination of project goals
in partnership with the Project Team Leader and closely monitors
progress against these goals for operational efficiency ensuring
the program delivers on time, within scope, and on budget.
- Monitors activities across all team members and line functions
involved in the project to ensure achievement of key decision
points and milestones according to time, cost, and quality
parameters of the endorsed plan. Influences leadership across
functional lines to ensure efficient delivery of projects.
- Proactively identifies and manages emerging changes and
opportunities, drives iterations of the plans collaboratively to
make updates in the project schedule; works with the team to
optimize resource utilization and maximize Return on Investment
- Reviews and/or approves operational activities and costs;
monitors and manages project activities against the approved
budget; leads the team to manage exposures through internal
tradeoffs or seek approval through appropriate processes for
additional budget as necessary.
- Assists with negotiating the allocation of Partner Line
resources to support the endorsed strategy and project plan.
- Facilitates the identification of operation and project issues
and risks, while driving resolution through a matrix environment,
effectively documenting decisions/rationale.
- Partners with teams and key partners/stakeholders to prioritize
key GCS level deliverables and align across functions. Drives
process and accountabilities matrix for key cross functional
- Drives team process for preparation of governance presentations
(in some cases creating slides and/or integrating inputs to prepare
Strategic Initiative Risk Analysis and Management
- Direct day-to-day initiative planning, implementation oversight
and associated metric reporting.
- Provides GCS cross line project management services ensuring
alignment, standardization and successful achievement of initiative
goals and objectives
- Leads the team in the preparation, implementation, maintenance,
communication, and management of integrated strategic initiative
risk management plans, including risk assessment and risk
- Proactively identifies operational and project issues,
facilitates development of team recommendations and action options,
and ensures appropriate escalation to senior leadership and Partner
- Partners with team and department leadership to identify
options to de-risk project plans and capitalize on
- Facilitates team discussion and documentation of alternative
project options, including pros, cons, and risks.
- Provides assessment of timing of investment triggers and go/no
go decision points.
Information and Communication Management
- Responsible for the development and management of the
communication plan for GCS projects/initiatives, including
stakeholder management plan. Ensures effective, accurate, and
timely communication of program information to meet the needs of
the asset team and stakeholders.
- Ensures Tetrad site and documentation are consistent and shared
across Tetrads as needed
- Participates in representing the team in governance
presentations, Operating Plan reviews, stakeholder discussions, and
- Provides complete, accurate and timely timeline(s), budget and
resource information in appropriate Pfizer systems to enable
effective project management and decision making.
- Drives development of project level goals that contribute to
the overall goals of the business and monitors progress against
these goals, working in close association with the Project Team
Leaders and Functional Line Heads to ensure alignment. Provides
project information necessary to support GCS strategic initiatives
decision making and prioritization.
- Conducts lessons learned and after-action reviews.
- Explore new tools and Digital innovation to deliver efficient
- Utilizes negotiation, facilitation, meeting management, and
conflict resolution skills to enhance cross-functional team
- Uses Microsoft project plans or other tools to capture all
information and ensure project plans and associated slides are
developed, maintained and available
- Understands and communicates team roles/responsibilities; helps
new team members get up to speed on the project and ensures all
team members have access to project information necessary to be
- Facilitates Functional Service Provider engagement, support
services (e.g. consultants) and associated contract development, if
- Ensures all appropriate team member views have been raised and
incorporated into team decisions as appropriate.
- Provides project management support for identifying and
facilitating process and technological innovation within GCS.
- Identifies team performance issues and partners with team
leadership to recommend and develop appropriate actions.
- Ensures cross-functional process efficiencies are identified
and maximized in accordance with team project goals.
- Leads team chartering process.
- Leads implementation of team health survey.
- Models optimal team member and meeting etiquette behaviors,
encourages straight talk.
- Clarifies project deliverables/workload to enable Partner Lines
to assess resource needs, raise gaps and partner with team
leadership to resolve.
Training & Education:
- MBA, MA/MS, or Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Mastery of project management skills and product
- 7 or more years of relevant experience
- Professional PM Certification (Project Management Professional
[PMP] or equivalent) desirable
- Strong track record of performance on cross-functional teams
and results through effective implementation of project management
methodology, tools, and techniques.
- Strong leadership, negotiation, interpersonal, communication,
and meeting facilitation skills.
- Experience with stakeholder management, governance management,
and communicating key messages to senior-level stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize project management tools and
techniques (such as developing integrated project plans, critical
path management, project change control, project risk management,
and decision analysis).
- Extensive hands-on experience using Microsoft Project or
equivalent project planning system to create and manage project
timelines (Planisware and Snapshot experience highly
- Familiarity with clinical trial execution, supply chain
management, working with contract research organizations, budget
management, and related areas highly desirable.
- Track record for delivery against challenging personal and team
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced, challenging and
complex matrix team environment.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health
care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws
and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require
Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a
health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or
other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to
further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification,
which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting
expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable
transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known
as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who
incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer
that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of
payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you
have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to
contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and
conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin,
disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all
applicable national, state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and
employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration
and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Logistics & Supply Chain Mgmt
Keywords: Pfizer, Newton , Manager, Global Clinical Supply Project Manager, Other , Groton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!