Project Manager, Construction and Development
Company: The RMR Group
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The Project Manager will work in collaboration with the
Development, Hotel and Senior Living teams during the planning,
design, entitlement and construction phases of development and
construction projects across The RMR Group's managed properties and
affiliated operating companies. The Project Manager is responsible
for the overall coordination, implementation, execution, control
and completion of construction projects within the office, retail,
hospitality, senior living, industrial and multifamily property
sectors. Projects include large-scale ground-up development,
adaptive reuse, repositioning and major building renovation. In
addition, the candidate must have the ability to interact with all
levels of management to ensure the success of project from start to
The Project Manager will work in close collaboration with the
Asset Managers, Regional Vice Presidents, Community Directors, and
Property Management teams to coordinate responsibilities shared
across the teams. Primary responsibilities include:
- Participate and/or manage the design process of new projects by
providing budget, schedule and constructability input. Take
accountability for quality, time and budget control for overall
- Working with the other members of the Project Management Team,
identify, engage, direct and manage engineering consultants,
architects, construction companies and other project participants
as needed to complete projects on time, within budget and to the
targeted quality standards. Provide oversight for the performance
of, and compliance with, consultant, design, brand standards, and
- Identify project delivery resources from pre-qualified lists or
through individual project qualification process; prepare request
for proposals, complete bid analysis, lead evaluation interviews,
and recommend additional external resources as needed for project
- Help develop project charters for each project, clearly
articulating the project vision, base building requirements,
performance metrics, design principles, budgets, schedules and all
other desired outcomes.
- Review and interpret plans, specifications and related project
documents including the coordination all building plans and project
documentation through entitlement and site/building construction
- Track progress of each project against quality, cost and
delivery goals. Report status and variances. Create action plans to
meet objectives, budget and schedule.
- Manage and track project pay requests, invoicing, change orders
and conformance to approved project budget.
- Demonstrates capability to read, negotiate, understand and
apply standards to complex documents affecting real estate
projects, including but not limited to agreements/contracts,
leases, work letters, surveys and drawings.
- The successful candidate must be comfortable and effective
delivering formal presentations, coordinating/conducting community
meetings, interacting with community residents, and; have advanced
knowledge of preconstruction and construction means and methods,
estimating, scheduling, cost control, and material pricing and
- Manage and coordinate regular project team meetings throughout
pre-development period, development and construction time
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management,
Architecture or related field.
- Prior project management experience with hospitality, senior
living or multi-family projects in occupied buildings.
- Minimum of 10 years of project management experience with new
development, major redevelopment and renovation projects within
commercial real estate.
- Basic understanding of building law and administrative matters
concerning the design, permitting and construction of large-scale
- Advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles as they
relate to development projects. Ability to calculate complex
figures, and forecast and prepare budgets. Experience preparing
reports to senior management with respect to.
- Ability to collaborate with members of Development Team,
outside project managers, site supervisors, general contractors,
planners and subcontractors.
- LEED and WELL accreditations a plus.
- Understanding of project contracts, leases, change orders and
- Exceptional organizational and follow-up skills required along
with the ability to multi-task and bring individual issues to
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Office products, CRM
- Ability to Travel 30%-40%
The RMR Group LLC, or RMR, is a leading U.S. alternative asset
management company, unique for its focus on commercial real estate
(CRE) and related businesses. It conducts substantially all
business for its parent company, The RMR Group Inc. (Nasdaq: RMR).
RMR's vertical integration is strengthened by more than 600 real
estate professionals in over 30 offices nationwide who manage $32
billion in assets under management and leverage more than 30 years
of institutional experience in buying, selling, financing and
operating CRE. RMR benefits from a scalable platform, a deep and
experienced management team and a diversity of real estate
strategies across its client companies. Recently, RMR has been
recognized by The Boston Globe as a "Top Place to Work," by Fortune
magazine as one of the "100 Fastest Growing Companies," by the
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as an "ENERGY STAR Partner of
the Year," by Boston Business Journal as the "Fastest Growing
Middle Market Company in Massachusetts" and ranked 9th on
Commercial Property Executive's Top Commercial Property Management
Companies. RMR is headquartered in Newton, MA and was founded in
1986. For more information, please visit www.rmrgroup.com. Follow
RMR on LinkedIn and on Twitter @The_RMR_Group.
Keywords: The RMR Group, Newton , Project Manager, Construction and Development, Other , Newton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!