Director, REIT Accounting
Company: The RMR Group
Posted on: June 13, 2021
The Director, REIT Accounting oversees accounting and compliance
support with a concentration on managing internal and external
financial reporting matters and corporate accounting for an
externally managed REIT. This position requires close coordination
with various corporate department executives, as well as cross
functional groups within other accounting functions.
- Responsible to oversee the preparation, review and timely
filing of reports with the SEC for RMR's Managed Equity REITs.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee monthly close process and review consolidated financial
- Manage all aspects of SEC compliance and regulatory matters
including reports on Form 8-K, 10-Q, 10-K, and other filings as
- Review quarterly earnings release and supplemental operating
and financial data report.
- Review quarterly disclosure to ensure completeness of financial
statements and related disclosures.
- Manage the internal and external review process of all SEC
filings (such as auditor, internal and external, legal counsel, and
- Key business leadership liaison across all functions
- Manage a team of accounting and reporting personnel and foster
- Collaborate with other reporting teams to drive consistency and
effective process improvements.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with
generally accepted accounting principles at the consolidated and
- Maintain entity level forecasts.
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis; oversee preparation of board
and committee materials, dividend declaration package, and investor
and rating agency presentations for executive management.
- Lead on all compliance related matters including quarterly
review and year-end audit support.
- Administer the company's revolving credit facility and related
lender compliance reporting.
- Coordinate with counsel and take lead on capital market
transactions as it relates to regulatory compliance.
- Review business management and incentive fee calculations due
to external manager.
- Assist with research on technical accounting matters and
drafting accounting treatment position papers to executive
- Review internal controls and process flow charts to ensure
compliance with SOX 404; coordinate SOX 404 testing with internal
and external auditors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, minimum 3.0 GPA, and a strong
record of success in academic and work environment.
- In depth experience with both management and SEC reporting
- Public accounting experience and CPA (preferred).
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical U.S. GAAP accounting
guidance as well as Regulation S-X rules with the ability to
research and recommend appropriate treatments.
- Ability to apply new methodologies that satisfy systematic and
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple deliverables at
- Thrives in changing/fluid environment and has the ability to be
self-sufficient with the prioritization of tasks.
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to effectively
communicate with business partners and management regarding
accounting related matters.
- Ability to remain positive under pressure and to motivate team
members with a focus on continual staff development.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and
Yardi General Ledger (preferred). Experience with WDesk
The RMR Group LLC, or RMR, is a leading U.S. alternative asset
management company, unique for its focus on commercial real estate
(CRE) and related businesses. It conducts substantially all
business for its parent company, The RMR Group Inc. (Nasdaq: RMR).
RMR's vertical integration is strengthened by more than 600 real
estate professionals in over 30 offices nationwide who manage $32
billion in assets under management and leverage more than 30 years
of institutional experience in buying, selling, financing and
operating CRE. RMR benefits from a scalable platform, a deep and
experienced management team and a diversity of real estate
strategies across its client companies. Recently, RMR has been
recognized by The Boston Globe as a "Top Place to Work," by Fortune
magazine as one of the "100 Fastest Growing Companies," by the
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as an "ENERGY STAR Partner of
the Year," by Boston Business Journal as the "Fastest Growing
Middle Market Company in Massachusetts" and ranked 9th on
Commercial Property Executive's Top Commercial Property Management
Companies. RMR is headquartered in Newton, MA and was founded in
1986. For more information, please visit www.rmrgroup.com. Follow
RMR on LinkedIn and on Twitter @The_RMR_Group.
Keywords: The RMR Group, Newton , Director, REIT Accounting, Other , Newton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!