Company: The RMR Group
Posted on: June 13, 2021
The RMR Group is a vertically-integrated real estate company,
managing and operating over $30 billion of commercial real estate
investments across the continent. We are seeking a talented and
driven candidate for our analyst program. The analyst position will
give you exposure to the entire lifecycle of commercial real estate
investment, including acquisitions, financing and capital markets,
leasing, asset management, and dispositions. As a part of this
collaborative and high-performing team, you will have the
opportunity to work alongside some of the most accomplished real
estate professionals in the industry and develop the skills
necessary to have a successful, long-term career in commercial real
estate. If you are analytical, detail-oriented, curious, and a fast
learner, we look forward to meeting you. Your primary
responsibilities are outlined below:
- Create and maintain detailed financial analyses to evaluate
- Perform detailed market research on supply/demand fundamentals,
economic trends, comparable sales and lease transactions, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of investment memoranda and
presentation materials to investment committee.
- Support deal team to negotiate and close acquisitions and
- Participate in front-facing activities vital to the
acquisitions and dispositions process, including developing and
maintaining broker relationships.
Debt Capital Markets
- Work directly with loan origination professionals, mortgage
bankers and prospective borrower clients to evaluate potential debt
investments in transitional commercial real estate projects.
- Analysis and financial modeling of property rent rolls,
operating statements, and proforma projections related to value-add
- Perform competitive set and general market research to validate
- Assist in the preparation of loan term sheets, internal
investment memoranda, and quarterly loan asset summary reports for
- Assist in the due diligence and loan closing process which
includes review real estate documents such as leases, loan
documents, budgets, appraisals, and other third-party reports as
- Work collaboratively with Portfolio and Asset Managers to
optimize the performance and strategy for 75 million square feet of
owned office, industrial, medical office and life sciences real
- Model and underwrite value-enhancing opportunities within the
existing portfolio including new development and redevelopment
- Develop and update strategic business plans by performing
market research and detailed financial modeling in ARGUS and
- Prepare and analyze data for quarterly earnings, board
meetings, and budgeting.
- Assist in the preparation of hold/sell analysis and subsequent
disposition recommendation memoranda and presentation materials to
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, real
estate, or related field preferred. Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in commercial real estate or
- Ability to learn quickly and solve problems within a dynamic
- Exceptional organization, communication, and multi-tasking
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially
Excel. Working knowledge of ARGUS preferred.
The RMR Group LLC, or RMR, is a leading U.S. alternative asset
management company, unique for its focus on commercial real estate
(CRE) and related businesses. It conducts substantially all
business for its parent company, The RMR Group Inc. (Nasdaq: RMR).
RMR's vertical integration is strengthened by more than 600 real
estate professionals in over 30 offices nationwide who manage $32
billion in assets under management and leverage more than 30 years
of institutional experience in buying, selling, financing and
operating CRE. RMR benefits from a scalable platform, a deep and
experienced management team and a diversity of real estate
strategies across its client companies. Recently, RMR has been
recognized by The Boston Globe as a "Top Place to Work," by Fortune
magazine as one of the "100 Fastest Growing Companies," by the
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as an "ENERGY STAR Partner of
the Year," by Boston Business Journal as the "Fastest Growing
Middle Market Company in Massachusetts" and ranked 9th on
Commercial Property Executive's Top Commercial Property Management
Companies. RMR is headquartered in Newton, MA and was founded in
1986. For more information, please visit www.rmrgroup.com. Follow
RMR on LinkedIn and on Twitter @The_RMR_Group.
Keywords: The RMR Group, Newton , Analyst, Other , Newton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!