Quality/Safety Specialist, Sr. PER DIEM
Company: Partners Healthcare System
Posted on: June 13, 2021
The Senior Quality & Patient Safety Specialist (QPSS) is
accountable for the oversight and project management of
hospital-wide quality and patient safety processes and outcomes.
S/he will collaborate with a wide variety of management and
clinical staff to ensure compliance with external reporting
requirements and mandates. The Senior QPSS role will be responsible
for overseeing and conducting data collection, data entry, and
analysis of quality, patient safety and peer review data. S/he will
be responsible for data display and interpretation, and reporting
of this data to a wide range of clinical and administrative leaders
both internally and externally. In addition, the Senior QPSS will
mentor and train staff as part of the on-boarding process for new
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Develops, leads, oversees and project manages the quality,
patient safety, and infection control programs, in conjunction with
the Manager of Quality, Patient Safety and Infection Control, to
accomplish the goals and objectives of the Organization.
- Tracks and manages compliance with evolving mandates for
internal and external reporting e.g. The Joint Commission National
Patient Safety Goals and Standards, Massachusetts' Department of
Public Health, National Quality Forum, Institute for Healthcare
Improvement and other regulatory and certification programs.
- Assumes responsibility for overseeing and performing data
collection through the compilation of data from concurrent or
retrospective chart reviews, field observations, data mining and
- Assumes responsibility for overseeing and performing the
interpretation, analysis of data as well as presents and
distributes outcomes/results to a wide audience of clinical and
- Maximizes use of technology in data collection and compilation
and use of databases (external and internal) for benchmarking
standards, i.e. UHC, rL Solutions, MediTech.
- Trains and mentors new staff to the Quality and Patient Safety
Specialist role through direct observation, didactic education,
mentorship, and through the development of standard operating
procedures for the Specialist role.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Masters in healthcare-related field required.
- Five years minimum experience in quality measurement and/or
improvement, patient safety, or infection control
- Demonstrated experience managing large volume projects
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring and/or training
- Strong computer skills; specifically databases (Excel, Access,
UHC, MediTech, rL Solutions) for data capture and benchmarking
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills with ability
to work independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Experience with performance improvement methods, including
statistical concepts and applications and data collection
- High degree of professionalism, discretion, and
RL experience required
Keywords: Partners Healthcare System, Newton , Quality/Safety Specialist, Sr. PER DIEM, Other , Newton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!